- Will this work in a SPA like an Angular site? I only want this to show up in a specific spot on a specific component (blog detail of course) and certainly not below the footer as it appears if I put it in my index.html
- Can I customize the styling of the UI? With all due respect, it's kind of ugly. I'd also like to change the button text from "save message" to something else, and theme it with material design.
- How does data ownership work? Are there webhooks or something so I can store copies of all the comment data in my own DB just in case?
Yes, I provide two ways to customize the look and feel. You may paste CSS into the
Namespacesettings or you may point to an external HTTPS address of a CSS file and Remarkbox will link it on your behalf.
You own the data and may export it out at any time in an easy to understand JSON format.
Awesome thanks. I'm going to see how easily my intern can set up our own comments system (no time to architect it myself) and if we run into trouble, this is looking like my go-to off the shelf option. Assuming, that is, we can figure out how to place it where we want it in the Angular components.
Sounds great to me. Depending on how much you pay your intern it might make more sense to grab an off the shelf solution. Remarkbox is only $48.
I'm just a fan of building my own stuff and having full control. Something like Disqus is out of the question for instance but I like the flow with Remarkbox.
How much control do I have though? Can I easily switch the sorting so newest remarks come first? Can I change the text on all the butttons/links? Can I replace "collapse" with an icon and move it to the left under the avatar? I don't even have to pose the question if I build it.
502 bad gateway, nginx says
If one uses the utf-8 symbols, e.g. "×"
However, it is possible to edit the existing comment to get these symbols.
Found this occasionally, trying to say that 6×12=72$, not 84$ (check out strike-through text in production yearly plan).
Great, it works now!
Also, sometimes links to comments work only when page is reloaded twice.
Do you use Chrome?
I filed this bug which I feel is related but I'm not sure how to fix.
I couldn't find the option to unsubscribe from notifications, does it exist? I've visited /u/watching but it looks just like so http://i.imgur.com/4x2ZrHS.png
Hey there. Sorry about that. Please try again, I just created buttons to
This is a test.
- not bad
- not bad at all
My initial thoughts were this was another live chat type service, but it seems more like a disquss type replacement for static sites. nice.
Does Remarkbox support:
- CAPTCHA services to prevent bot spamming?
- Approval process before publishing?
- Custom required fields (say email AND country or preferred language) which can be toggled to never shown?
- Does it provide a backend summary to the moderator (number of unique users, user remark count, email list, geographic location, preferred languages, etc)
- Is it a single JS file? How many external calls does it make? How big is the JS?
- For the paid services, do you host all remarks? Is their an SLA or expected duration these remarks will be hosted for? If I move my website around, or rebuild it on each deployment as part of a CI/CD process, will the remarks still be available?